Curious where Apple has been tracking you? Want to know exactly when your iPhone checked in? Using a special open source program developers, Alasdair Allan and Pete Warden, have created a way for you to check to see where your iPhone has been tracked. You’d be surprised how far back the data goes… follow the instructions in this video to see for yourself.
1. This does NOT share any of the information, nor even transmit it off of your computer. It simply shows you the files that are already stored on your computer from when you last synced with iTunes.
For more information on the program itself, head to the developers’ page here.
2. This only works with Mac computers at the moment.
1. Download the Open Source program and install it on your computer.
2. Open the program.
3. Run the application and watch.
Now that you know about the tracking information, you can either encrypt it and this will stop other programs (like the one above) from being able to read it OR you can jailbreak your device and actually stop it from tracking anything at all. Jailbreaking is a more complicated process so it’s up to you how far you want to go.
2. Head to our How To Stop Your iPhone from Tracking Your Location (Coming Soon)