Mad that Netflix is only supposed to work on certain Android devices? Well, with a little hackery, it doesn’t have to be that way. If you have a rooted Android phone, then you can install Netflix on it thanks to some developers over at XDA). Here’s how.
1. You MUST be rooted. If you aren’t please head to our How To’s section and find the procedure that works for your device (if you don’t see your device listed just try this procedure). Once done, you can come back here and continue.
2. This is NOT guaranteed to work on all devices, but should work on most.
1. Head to the Developer’s post and download the APK file somewhere on your computer.
Netflix APK without the Device Check
(Download the netflix-devicecheck-disabled.apk one first, if that force closes when you try to run it, then try the netflix-mod-2.apk one)
New Netflix APK (thanks to Altroy2 on XDA and Moses5757 for linking to it here!) Updated 6.9.11!
2. Plug in your device via USB cable and mount the storage so we can transfer files to it.
3. Copy the .apk file over to your device’s storage (NOT inside any folders just on the SD card or internal storage itself).
4. Unplug your device.
5. Download Astro File Manager from the Market for Free (or use any other file manager you wish).
6. Open the file manager and then click the apk file and go through the process to install it (make sure to check Allow Non-Market Apps if asked).
7. Open the new Netflix app and enjoy!
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!