Here’s another great benefit of having a rooted device; installing a custom kernel. One of the main benefits of adding a custom kernel is the ability to overclock your device.
1. You MUST have a rooted device with a custom recovery. If you are not rooted, head over to our How To section for your device for directions on how to root it.
2. You must back up your current settings and ROM through recovery (in case something gets messed up).
3. We always prefer doing these things manually (flashing a ROM or Kernel directly from recovery mode), but we do understand that this does make things easier for most, so we figured we’d add it to our How To’s.
1. Open up the Android market application.
2. Under search, search for kernel manager.
3. Download and install the application.
1. Open the Kernel Manager application.
2. Select Load kernels (it will automatically load available kernels for your specific device, if available) when prompted for root, select allow.
3. Select the kernel you would like to flash.
4. Press Download and Flash Kernel.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!