Until Android is ported over or if you enjoy webOS, you can speed up the performance, and even tweak your HP Touchpad to the way you like it, using a program that is called Preware.
1. Make sure you are running the latest webOS firmware, 3.0.2.
a. To check, from the home screen, select the up arrow.
b. At the top menu bar, select settings.
c. From the setting’s screen, select system updates. It will now automatically check for any updated software.
2. Important: When entering developers mode, DO NOT create a password. By doing so, you will not be able to install anything. In order to reverse this, you must wipe everything and start from scratch.
1. From the “just type” (without quotations) search bar, type in webos20090606.
2. Select developer mode.
3. Slide the switch to the on position.
4. If prompted to set a password, bypass it and select submit.
1. Plug your USB cable into your PC and Touchpad.
2. When prompted to to select USB drive or cancel, ignore both options and leave it on the screen.
3. On your PC, download WebOSQuickinstall V.4.3.1 from here.
4. Double click to install on your PC.
5. Once installed, open it and click on globe icon in WebOS Quick Install.
6. While still in the applications tab, in the search field, type in preware.
7. Click install.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.