So you have a rooted Droid 2 with a custom recovery. Why not try a custom ROM?
1. You must be rooted. Our Droid 2 root tutorial can be found here.
2. You must have the Motorola drivers installed (also found in our root tutorial).
3. You must have the clockwork mod recovery installed. Our tutorial is found here.
4. This should work on any of the Droid 2 variations (droid 2 global and droid 2 r2d2 version).
5. VERY IMPORTANT: For any of your Droid 2 R2D2 users (myself included). There is NO (that I can find) stock .sbf file to fully return to stock with all the Star Wars stuff. You MUST do a nandroid backup of your stock ROM, before flashing any custom roms.
1. Head on over to ROM section and chose a ROM you want.
2. Once downloaded, do not extract. Leave as a.zip file.
3. Connect your phone via the USB cable.
4. Select USB mass storage.
5. Place the .zip file on the root of your sd card (not in any files or folders).
6. In your app menu, open up the bootstrap application.
7. Press bootstrap recovery
8. Press reboot recovery.
9. Once in recovery, we need to do a nandroid backup.
10. Navigate down to backup and restore, press power.
11. On the next screen, select backup (should already be highlighted) and press power to start the backup.
12. Once the backup is done, navigate back to the main menu.
13. Once back at the main menu, navigate to wipe data/factory reset and press power (WARNING, this will erase all data, please save or backup anything you might need).
14. Navigate down to confirm reset and press power again.
15. Once reset is complete, navigate to the install zip from sdcard option and select it.
16. Select choose zip from sdcard.
17. Select your desired ROM zip and press power to install.
18. Once completely flashed, reboot.
Do you need to unroot for warranty purposes or any other reason? Check out our How to unroot the DROID 2 guide.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.