Do you have an HTC Incredible 2 and have always wanted to root it? We’ll show you the easiest way possible!
1. You must have the HTC drivers installed. If not, download them from here and run the set up.
2. You must have adb installed, if you don’t, follow our guide here.
1. Please go to Unrevoked.
2. Chose your operating system and select download.
3. You will now be prompted with a Beta key dialogue box. You will now be prompted for your operating system, what device you are using, Hboot version and serial number.
a. To get your Hboot version, power off your device and unoplug the USB cable (if applicable).
b. Hold the volume down button and power button simultaneously.
c. Once in fastboot, your Hboot version should be two lines down. Enter that number.
d. To get your serial number, pull out the battery and locate the serial number sticker.
e. Enter that information in the serial number spot. 4. Select generate and copy the key to a word document.
5. Once downloaded, extract all contents to your sdk\tools folder.
6. On your phone, select menu.
7. Select settings.
8. Scroll until you see applications and select it.
9. Select unknown sources.
10. Select development.
11. Make sure USB debugging is checked.
12.Go back into settings.
13. Select power.
14. Make sure fastboot in not checked.
15. Plug your phone in via the USB cable.
16. Select disk drive.
17. Download the Clockwork Mod recovery.
18. Place in your androidsdk\tools folder.
19. Download the superuser package and place on your desktop (do not extract).
20. Place the superuser.zip folder on the root of your sd card (not in and files or folders).
1. On your computer, go to the start menu.
2. In the search field, type cmd.
3. Once the command prompt window opens, type the following, hitting enter once finished.
4. Once you are in your android sdk directory, type revolutionary.
5. Hit enter.
6. You will be prompted for your beta key now, copy and paste it into the command prompt.
7. Follow the prompts to run the program.
8. When the root program is down, it will ask you to install the clockwork mod recovery, select yes.
9. Once it’s done, (still in fastboot) scroll down to the recovery option and press the power button.
10. Once in recovery, navigate to the install zip from sdcard option and select it.
11. Select choose zip from sdcard.
12. Select the superuser zip and press power to install.
13. Once completely flashed, reboot.
If you would like to donate to the developer, please visit http://revolutionary.io/.
Now that you are rooted, go ahead and load a custom ROM.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.