Do you have a rooted HTC Incredible 2 and need to return it for warranty purposes or are selling it? Check out our unroot guide.
1. You must have adb installed. If you do not, follow our guide here.
1. Download the stock ROM file.
2. Plug your phone in with the USB cable and select disk drive.
3. Place the downloaded PG23IMG file on the root of your sd card (not in any files or folders).
4. Power off the device.
5. Power it back on, holding the volume down and power button to boot into fastboot.
6. The phone should automatically recognize the PG23IMG file and ask you to install. Select yes.
7. Once finished flashing, reboot your phone.
1. Plug the phone in with the USB cable (if it’s not already).
2. Download the unroot package.
3. Extract them to the androidsdk\tools folder on your hard drive (they should be in the same folder that adb is in).
4. On your computer, click on the start menu.
5. In the search box in the start menu, type cmd and hit enter.
6. When the command prompt window opens, you must navigate to the folder adb is in. Type the following with hitting enter at the end of the line:
7. In the command prompt window, type the following, hitting enter after each command:
adb push psneuter /data/local/
adb push busybox /data/local/
adb push hboot_0.97.0000_336906.nb0 /data/local/
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/psneuter
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/busybox
8. Now we need to gain temporary root and flash the stock bootloader. Type the following, hitting enter after each command.
adb shell /data/local/psneuter
adb shell dd if=/data/local/hboot_0.97.0000_336906.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!