Galaxy Note root has been made possible thanks to Zerg’s Root Exploit. Zerg’s exploit is one click rooting, so everything should run clean and smooth.
Before You Begin:
- Disclaimer: This procedure has been verified to work without wiping any data from your Galaxy Note; nevertheless, please consider backing up your internal memory before proceeding to root your device!
I. You will need:
- A Windows PC;
- The latest drivers for your Samsung Note (Samsung KIES – original webpage);
- The Zerg’s Root Exploit application (from here)
Make sure you have a decent charge on your battery. I personally would not attempt this with less than 50% battery but I recommend having a fully charged battery just to be safe.
II. Download File:
- You can find the Zerg’s Root Exploit here;
- Unzip it into a new folder (on your desktop)
III. Enable “USB Debugging” on your Note:
- Go to Settings->Applications->Development and select the debugging option;
- Enable “Unknown sources” from previous menu as well.
IV. Execute the exploit:
- Go to the folder where you have unzipped the exploit (on your desktop);
- Double click on “runme.bat” file;
- You are prompted to connect the phone; connect your Note and press any key for the automated root procedure to start.
- During the process the device will reboot. After reboot, your Galaxy Note is successfully rooted.
Thanks to XDA-Forum for the original posts