Galaxy Note root has been made possible thanks to Zerg’s Root Exploit. Zerg’s exploit is one click rooting, so everything should run clean and smooth.
Before You Begin:
- Disclaimer: This procedure has been verified to work without wiping any data from your Galaxy Note; nevertheless, please consider backing up your internal memory before proceeding to root your device!
I. You will need:
- A Windows PC;
- The latest drivers for your Samsung Note (Samsung KIES – original webpage);
- The Zerg’s Root Exploit application (from here)
Make sure you have a decent charge on your battery. I personally would not attempt this with less than 50% battery but I recommend having a fully charged battery just to be safe.
II. Download File:
- You can find the Zerg’s Root Exploit here;
- Unzip it into a new folder (on your desktop)
III. Enable “USB Debugging” on your Note:
- Go to Settings->Applications->Development and select the debugging option;
- Enable “Unknown sources” from previous menu as well.
IV. Execute the exploit:
- Go to the folder where you have unzipped the exploit (on your desktop);
- Double click on “runme.bat” file;
- You are prompted to connect the phone; connect your Note and press any key for the automated root procedure to start.
- During the process the device will reboot. After reboot, your Galaxy Note is successfully rooted.
Thanks to XDA-Forum for the original posts
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Something Wrong? If you notice an issue with the procedure (broken link, steps out of date, etc.), use this form to let us know! Otherwise, if you just are having trouble with the procedure, reach out to us on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+.