The ZTE Score is a relatively unknown device that has been sitting on Cricket’s shelves for the last half year or so and due to its low-end specs, doesn’t get as much attention as other popular Android devices. Fortunately, there is a small group of people working on improving this device and make it more customizable, which always starts with the word that you hear a lot when dealing with Android development – root. This guide will show you how to root your ZTE Score and you can check our post on how to flash a custom recovery image, enabling you to flash custom ROMs if there are any.
1. There currently is no unroot tool to go back to stock, so decide if you really want to root your device before proceeding.
2. Download the Zerg Root Tool to your Windows PC.
3. Download the USB Drivers required for the procedure and install them on your Windows 7 PC.
1. Connect your device to the PC.
2. Enable USB Debugging on the device (make sure that you installed the drivers you downloaded above before doing this). To do this, go to Settings -> Applications -> Development and check the USB Debugging box, when your device is connected.
3. Extract Zerg_Root_OneClick.zip you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
4. Run ZergRushTempRoot.bat.
5. Wait for the tool to complete the process and then restart once it is done.
Your ZTE Score should now be rooted!! To confirm, look for the Superuser application in your application drawer or download Root Checker from Play (previously Android Market) to test root.
We thank Dana Rock on RockThatMobile for the original procedure!! The Comments section below is all yours to use if you do run into any problems.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!