So you have rooted your Impression i10 tablet. Now what? How about getting those Google Apps that all the other tablets seem to have? This guide below will show you how to do just that.
1. Your device should be rooted. Follow our guide on how to do this and you should be set.
2. Download the Google Apps pack.
3. Download and install ES File Explorer manager or any other manager that can access system folders.
1. Extract the gapps-hdpi-20100817-Impression_10.zip that you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop. The folder should contain the following apps:
2. Connect your Impression i10 to your Windows PC in USB Storage Mode and copy the folder called ‘system’ from the extracted folder to your SD card. Do not delete any files or folders from the ‘system’ folder; just copy as it is.
3. Disconnect your device from the PC.
4. Open up the ES File Explorer on your device.
5. Go to Settings in ES File Explorer and tick the box next to ‘Up to Root’. This will give you access to system files and folders.
5. Navigate to the location where the ‘system’ has previously been copied.
6. Long press on the ‘system’ folder and then select copy.
7. Navigate to the topmost folder of your device. You should find a folder named ‘system’ already present here. Paste and overwrite this folder with the folder from the SD card.
8. Once copied, navigate to the \system\app folder and install the applications in the following order:
9. Once installed, restart your device.
You should now be prompted to set up your Google Account and also find the Market app installed. If this doesn’t happen, click on the Market app from the app drawer and the usual Google setup process should be invoked!!
Thanks go to Moto Mouth on XDA for providing the app pack and guiding us with his procedure!! Be sure to thank or donate to him if this made your life easier!!