One great functionality of an android phone is that you can keep up with multiple e-mail accounts for both business and personal use. Additionally, syncing accounts is another way to back-up data. Syncing e-mail accounts is an easy process, and the same process can be used for other social-networking accounts as well.
1. Go to “Settings”
2. Select “Accounts”
3. Choose “Add Account”
4. You will be directed to a screen giving you various options for setting up accounts. Some accounts included include e-mail, facebook, Picasa (Gallery), Skype, Twitter, and YouTube. Select “e-mail”
5. Select an e-mail account type to sync (AOL, Yahoo, Windows Live Hotmail, Gmail).
6. If the account type you use is not available, select “other”
7. You may have to agree to your phone manufacturer’s or provider’s “terms of service.” Read the terms, and “Agree” to continue.
8. Enter existing account information (your e-mail address and password) into your phone.
9. Select “Next.” Your account may take a few seconds to sync to your phone.
10. Select “Done” to complete the syncing process.
Although syncing is usually a pretty seamless process, there can be issues. For example, while my Gmail account synced perfectly, I had trouble syncing another account because the server for that website was unable to process my request. I simply waited another day and was able to sync the account.
This is part of our Android Basics/Tips and Tricks series. Great for anyone new to Android, or anyone just looking to learn a few tips and tricks! For all our Android Basics, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.