While browsing apps in the Google Play Store, you may have come across some apps which are not compatible with your phone. You get frustrated at that time because you thought that the app would work on your phone, but the Play Store doesn’t allow you to download it. Well, you won’t face this situation any more because they now have a solution for this. Using the following trick, you will be able to install the apps which are marked as incompatible for your phone in Google Play Store. Go ahead and try the trick yourself!
1. You must have any rooted Android smartphone on which you want to install the incompatible apps.
2. Check Play Store for any app which is not compatible with your phone, so at the end, you can check whether the trick worked or not.
1. Download ES File Explorer App from here.
1. On your phone, go to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>All>>Market and Clear the data.
2. Launch the ES File Explorer from the Menu by tapping its icon.
3. In the app, Go to Settings>>Root Settings and enable Root Explorer as well as Mount File System.
4. Open /system folder using the app and copy the build.prop file from there to the SD card storage of your phone.
5. Edit build.prop file by tapping build.prop>>ES Note Editor.
6. Now, you have to make the following changes in the build.prop file,
ro.product.model = Nexus S
ro.product.manufacturer = samsung
7. Tap the Save button when you are done editing the file.
From now on, Google Play Store will recognize your phone as Nexus S, hence you will be able to install almost all the apps because this phone supports almost all the apps available in the store. If this trick helped you at all, please thank/donate the inventor of this trick over at Reddit.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.