Acer Iconia A100 is a 7″ inch small tablet running on the Honeycomb version of the Android OS. Connectivity features like WiFi and 3G are present in this tablet to let you explore the entire world just by sitting at home. Since the tablet runs on the Android operating system, you can make its full potential come out by rooting it. After rooting your tablet, you will have access to apps which are not available for the unrooted devices as well as there are so many advantages of rooting your device. Go ahead and learn how you can root your Iconia A100 tablet.
1. You must have an Acer Iconia A100 tablet running on the Android ICS.
2. It should have at least 50% of battery life left so as to finish the process without any problems.
1. Download the Rooting package from here.
2. Download the Superuser app from here.
1. Extract the files from the Rooting Package Archive and place them on your Desktop.
2. Enable USB debugging on your tablet, head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and tick-mark the box.
3. Connect your tablet to your PC using the USB cable.
4. a) If you are running Windows OS on your PC, then run the runit-win.bat file by double-clicking on it.
b) If you are running Linux OS on your PC, then run the runit-linux.sh file. It will begin rooting your tablet.
5. When the rooting process is done, just disconnect your tablet from the PC.
6. Your tablet is rooted now. It’s time to install the Superuser app on it using the link given above.
You have successfully rooted your tablet and installed the Superuser app. Head to the Play Store to load some useful apps on your tablet to expand its functionality.
If this rooting procedure helped you at all, then just head over to the 4PDA forum to thank/donate the man behind this root method!
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.