If you have some important messages on your Android phone, then you should take a backup of them in case you do something and they get erased. Fortunately, there’s a free Android app available to make your backing up and restoring of messages much easier.
1. Download SMS Backup and Restore app from here. (Google Play Link)
1. Download the app using the link given above and install it on your phone.
2. Go to Menu and tap the app icon to launch it.
3. From the main menu, choose Backup option. Here’s the screenshot of the same:
[ Choose “Backup” option ]
4. Enter a name for the backup file and tap OK. You can have any name for your backup file, but be sure that it ends with .xml. In the following screenshot, I’ve used MyMessagesBackup.xml as the backup file name.
[ Enter the Backup file name and tap OK ]
5. You will get a confirmation dialog box saying that the messages have been backed up. Tap the Close button to return to main menu.
[ Tap the Close button ]
The messages have now been backed up, let’s see how you can restore them.
1. Go to Menu and launch the SMS Backup and Restore app.
2. Tap on Restore button from the main menu of the app.
[ Tap on Restore button ]
3. You’ll be presented with a screen showing your Messages Backup files. Choose any backup file and tap the OK button. You’ll have the following screen:
[ Choose backup file and tap OK ]
4. Select Restore All Messages option and then tap the OK button. Below is the screenshot of the screen.
[ Select first option and tap OK ]
5. You will be asked whether you want to check for duplicate messages, just tap the Yes button.
[ Tap on Yes ]
6. After the messages have been restored, you will see a confirmation dialog box, tap the Close button to close it.
[ Tap on Close button ]
SMS Backup and Restore is a nice app that makes your Messages Backup and Restore task a kid’s play.
If this app helped you, please thank/donate to the original developer of this app over at Google Play !
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!