In one of our recent articles, we showed you how you can root your HTC EVO 4G LTE smartphone and in the following guide, we will show you how you can unroot your EVO 4G LTE phone. You should unroot your phone if you are planning to visit the company shop as this won’t let them know that you have modified your phone.
1. You will get back your lost warranty after unrooting the phone.
2. Keep your battery level at minimum 50% to avoid any problems during the process.
2. Download the HTC RUU which is appropriate for your phone from here.
1. Place the downloaded Drivers and RUU files on your Desktop.
2. Install the HTC Drivers you just downloaded.
3. Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developers>>USB debugging, tick-mark the box.
4. Now, connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Choose the “Charge only” as the USB connection type.
6. Double-click the RUU file you downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions. It will take few minutes to unroot your phone, be patient.
Great job ! You have successfully unrooted your HTC EVO 4G LTE smartphone and now it can be carried to the company shop, they won’t be able to know that you had rooted your phone !
If you ever need to root your phone again in the future, then refer to our rooting guide for the HTC EVO 4G LTE smartphone.
If this procedure helped you unrooting your phone, then please head over to the official thread over at XDA forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this unroot method !
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.