If you just rooted your Galaxy 5 smartphone, then the next thing you should do is install a custom recovery. After installing a custom recovery, you will be able to flash custom ROMs on your phone. Following is the guide showing you how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy 5 smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your Galaxy 5 smartphone before doing this procedure. Please head to our how to root Galaxy 5 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Make sure that your phone is charged at least 60%.
1. Download the Odin Tool from here.
2. Download the ClockworkMod Recovery Image from here.
1. Download and place both the Odin and Recovery Image onto your Desktop,
2. Launch the Odin Tool on your PC by double clicking Odin-Multi-Downloader.exe file.
3. Turn OFF your Galaxy 5 smartphone.
4. Reboot your phone into the download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume DOWN+Home+Power keys together.
5. When your phone reboots into download mode, connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
6. From the Odin tool, tick-mark the box labeled as One Package.
7. Now, click on the One Package option in Odin and select the recovery image for flashing.
8. Click the Start button to begin flashing recovery on your phone.
9. After recovery has successfully been installed on your phone, it will reboot.
10. When your phone reboots, disconnect it from the PC.
You have successfully installed the ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy 5 smartphone. You can now load custom ROMs on your phone if you want something different on your phone. It will feel you like you have bought a new smartphone.
If this procedure helped you, then please head to the official thread over at XDA Forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this recovery image !
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!