So you want to hide certain text messages and keep your call logs private, but aren’t sure how to go about it? Or maybe you are just looking to hide text messages and calls from just a few contacts in your address book. Now you can safely hide text messages for five contacts with a password protected decoy app called Hide My Text-Invisible for Android. This app places an invisible icon in your app list that allows you to hide texts from selected contacts. As soon as you select the contacts their text message will not appear in your regular message feed. When text messages are received, you get a notification in the status bar that says, “subscription notice” and only you will now it’s a notification for a text. If this sounds like something you could benefit from, continue reading to learn more.
- Hide text messages/SMS messages for 5 contacts
- Hide call logs for 5 contacts
- Block unwanted text messages/SMS and Block calls
- The icon is completely invisible – no one will see it
- Change Status bar icon and descriptions
- Requires a password to get into the app for privacy
- Choose your own text message thread colors
- See failed attempts to get into app in the “Log File”
- Change contacts/password/home screen shortcut anytime
- Unlimited usage is only available in paid pro-version
- Picture messages still slip through
- MMS not supported
- You have to read the instructions in the tutorial or the app will not make sense
- If your significant other catches on to this app you might get into some trouble
How it works:
- Download the app
- Take the tutorial
- Create a password
- Tap on Login to enter password
- Tap on Search and this will take you to your hidden contacts, hidden messages, and hidden call logs
- Tap on Configuration to change your password, or create shortcut icons
- Tap on Search to set up your hidden contacts
- Use your phone menu button for help at anytime
- The hide call log feature allows you to add the contact and all incoming, outgoing and missed calls will be deleted from your regular call logs. You must place the outgoing call from inside the app and you have the choice of saving your call logs inside the app.
- You can switch contacts when needed.
- Once a contact is removed it will not put hidden text messages in your “regular” text messaging box. Does not transfer existing messages – the two areas are completely separate!
- The Block text messaging feature will allow you to block incoming text messages. You have the option to save the blocked text messages so you can read them after you “unblock” the contact. Or we can discard the text messages as they come in.
- You can still send text messages to the contact while they are blocked. We have added the “Call Blocker” feature for that contact that is really a pain. We also give you the choice to save the call log for these blocked calls or we can discard them as they come in for you.
Hide My Text-Invisible does exactly as promised, as this app can be used to hide text messages from anyone you are looking to get extra privacy from. The only thing I don’t like about the app is that picture messages still come through as regular texts from your “selected contacts”. Overall, this app gives you the privacy you are searching for by being able to hide texts, and keep those contacts off of your main call log. Make sure you read the instructions during the tutorial, or you will be left rather confused on how to work the app. Check it out and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Hide My Text-Invisible is available for free in the Google Play Store. Requires Android 1.6 and higher. Play Link
This is part of our Android App of the Day series. We take our favorite app for Android for each day and post it here for you to check out. Feel free to check out all of our App of the Day posts here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!