HTC JetStream, also known as HTC Puccini, is an Android Tablet running on the Android 3.1 Honeycomb. Though this tablet couldn’t get much success, it still is a good tablet and a good number of people are using it. If you are one of them, then here we’ve something useful for you. Following is the guide on how you can root your HTC JetStream tablet, after doing so, you will be able to install the Root-only apps. Here you go:
1. You must have unlocked bootloader of your tablet. Visit the HTCDev website to unlock your device’s bootloader.
2. You must have ADB with Fastboot installed on your PC. See our guide on how to setup ADB.
3. Rooting your tablet will void its warranty. Go ahead keeping this in mind.
1. Download the Insecure Kernel from here.
2. Download the Root Toolkit from here.
1. Download and place all the files on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Rename the Insecure Kernel to insecure.img.
3. Copy the Insecure Kernel to the folder where ADB is installed.
4. Enable USB debugging on your tablet by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
5. Connect your tablet to your PC.
6. Open a Command Prompt window where you have installed ADB and type in the following commands:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot insecure.img
7. When your device boots up, just double-click the runme.bat file. It will start rooting your tablet.
Congrats ! You have successfully achieved root access on your HTC JetStream tablet and now you have access to plenty of apps that require root access.
Now, you can head to our guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on HTC JetStream.
If this procdure helped you, then please head to the official thread over at XDA Forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this root method !
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!