Unrooting your smartphone is useful when you are going to the company shop to get your phone repaired or for something else. Once you have unrooted your smartphone, the person at the shop wouldn’t be able to know that you had modified the OS of your smartphone. The following guide will help you unroot your HTC Explorer smartphone. Follow each step carefully and you will end up with an unrooted phone.
1. You should have rooted your phone using the guide given here.
2. You will get back the warranty which you lost during the root process after unrooting your phone.
3. You must have ADB installed on your PC. Learn how to install ADB.
4. Your phone must be charged fully in order to proceed with the unrooting process.
1. Download the Unrooting Tool from here. (Download link is given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Unrooting Tool File onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Unrooting Tool archive to your Desktop. You will get two folders, one for unrooting and one for stock recovery.
3. Enable USB debugging on your smartphone by navigating to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and tick-mark the box.
4. Increase the screen time-out by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Display>>Screen Timeout and set it to 30 Minutes.
5. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable that came with it.
6. Now, open the Unrooting Folder which you extracted from the archive.
7. Double-click on the file named runme-UNROOT.bat to start unrooting your phone.
8. It will take some time to unroot your phone. When it’s done, your phone will reboot.
9. Keep your phone connected to your PC. Now, open the Stock Recovery Folder and double-click the file named recovery.bat.
10. It will flash the stock recovery on your smartphone.
11. After the recovery is installed on your phone, just disconnect it from the PC.
Well done, you have successfully unrooted your HTC Explorer smartphone as well as flashed the stock recovery. Now, there’s no mark of modification on your phone, neat and clean.
If you ever need to root your smartphone again, you can check out our how to root HTC Explorer guide.
If this procedure helped you, then please head to the official thread over at XDA Forum to thank/donate to the original developer of this unroot method !
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.