With the Xperia Ray recently getting updated to Android 4.0.4 ICS, it’s now time to look for a root solution again. This guide below will put an end to your search and at the end of the procedure, your device should be rooted and running ClockworkMod Recovery, ready for flashing any custom ROM that you like.
This procedure works only the Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray running Ice-Cream Sandwich 4.0.4. This will not work with any other Ray running other versions of Android.
1. Root_Exploit_OneClick.zip [Download link available in the first post of this thread]
2. x-Parts CWM Installer.
1. Turn on USB Debugging on your device. To do this, go to Settings > Developer Options and then tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
2. Enable installation of apps from unknown sources. You can do this by heading to Settings > Security and ticking the Unknown Sources checkbox.
3. Connect your device to your PC.
4. Extract Root_Exploit_OneClick.zip to a folder on your desktop.
5. From the extracted folder, double-click RunMe.bat to begin the rooting process.
Your device should be rooted after the phone reboots a couple of times.
1. Install x-Parts from Google Play.
2. After installation, open the app and select the Installs tab.
3. Select Install CWM and follow on-screen instructions.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!