Unrooting comes handy when you are going to the company store to get your device repaired or you want to go back to the state when you bought the device. By unrooting your device, you will have a pure Android experience without any modifications and the following guide covers how you can unroot your Acer Iconia A100 Tablet.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. You must have flashed ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. Head over to our How To Flash a Custom Recovery on the Acer Iconia A100 procedure to do so.
1. Acer Iconia A100 Stock ROM (Download link is given in the first post with FULL PACKAGE as title)
1. Download and place the stock ROM file onto your Desktop.
2. Rename the stock ROM file to update.zip.
3. Connect your Iconia A100 Tablet to the PC using the USB cable.
4. Transfer the Stock ROM file to the root folder of your device’s storage.
5. After the file has successfully been transferred to your device, disconnect it from the PC.
6. Turn OFF your device using the Power button.
7. While your device is turned OFF, press and hold Volume UP+Power buttons together. The device will boot up and then reboot.
8. Your device will boot up into the normal mode and you have successfully unrooted it.
Congratulations ! The root access has now been removed from your device and now it runs on the Official Stock ROM based on ICS.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.