The Xperia X8 has been around for so long that it tends to become lost amongst the new breed of supersmartphones. But we are sure there are some out there still hanging on to this little fella and this guide is for them, showing them how to root their Sony Ericsson Xperia X8
1. You will need to have Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 or above installed on your PC for the rooting tool to run without problems. You can get it here.
2. Make sure that you have at least 75% of your battery charged before you begin.
3. Back up anything you feel is important before you proceed any further.
SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip [Download link available here]
1. Extract SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip to a folder on your desktop.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do this, go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Developer Options and tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
3. Enable installation of apps from unknown sources. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications and tick the Unknown sources checkbox.
3. Connect your device to your PC and if there are any drivers being installed at this point, let Windows 7 do so.
4. From the folder you extracted above, run SuperOneClick.exe.
5. Click on Root.
Your Xperia X8 should be rooted once the application confirms that your device is rooted!
1. Follow the same steps as in Section IV until Step 4.
2. Click on Unroot.
If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!