HTC EVO Shift 4G smartphone has all the features that an Android user would look for while buying a new smartphone. The phone has also been rooted, thanks to the XDA Developers and we do have a guide for it over here. While some user like having a rooted smartphone for a long time, some do believe that the stock firmware is the best and they finally come to the decision to unroot their smartphone. So, here we have a guide on how you can unroot your HTC EVO Shift 4G.
1. You should have rooted your smartphone using the procedure given here.
2. You must have ADB installed on your PC, you can see our guide for the same here.
3. This will restore your smartphone to Stock Android 2.3.4 firmware.
1. HBOOT (Download link’s given in the first post, in Step-5)
2. RUU (Download link is given in the first post, in Step-6)
1. Place both the downloaded files into the folder where you’ve installed ADB. It is the folder where adb.exe and fastboot.exe files are located.
2. Enable USB debugging on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, check-mark the box.
3. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Open a Command Prompt Window in the ADB folder. To do so, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
5. Enter the following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
6. Your device should reboot into the bootloader mode. Select Fastboot from the Menu.
7. Now, type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window:
fastboot flash hboot hboot_0.99.0000.img
8. After the file has been flashed on your device, issue the following command:
9. Choose the Fastboot mode from the bootloader menu.
10. Double-click the RUU file you downloaded from the above section to start the stock firmware flashing process.
11. Follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
12. You’re now unrooted !
You have successfully restored your smartphone to Stock Android 2.3.4, with no root access, of course.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.