If you’ve made your mind to try out some custom ROMs on your Huawei U8160 smartphone, then first you’ll need a custom recovery installed on your device. With the availability of CWM Recovery for the device, you can flash custom ROMs on your device in no time, all thanks to the developers. Here’s how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Huawei U8160 smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your smartphone before doing this procedure. We’ve a nice guide on how to root the Huawei U8160 smartphone, you should check it out.
2. This is NOT the official CWM Recovery for your device. It’s the MoDaCo version.
2. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link is given in the first post)
1. First and foremost, place all the files you’ve downloaded to the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to the Desktop. Two files, adb.exe and fastboot.exe, must be there on your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your smartphone.
4. Pull the battery out of your device. This is necessary.
5. Put the battery back in your device.
6. Now, your device still turned OFF, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
7. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
8. Open a Command Prompt Window on the Desktop of your PC. To do so, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose the Open command window here option.
9. Type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window. Replace recovery.img with the actual name of the recovery image you downloaded.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
10. After the recovery is installed on your device, issue the following command:
11. Your device should reboot and you’re done!
Well done! You’ve successfully installed the ClockworkMod Recovery on your Huawei U8160 smartphone. You can now enjoy custom ROMs as well as Mods if there are any!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Huawei U8160 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.