When the QWERTY keypad meets Android, it makes communicating with friends and family much easier. While it’s not possible for the new users to type using the touch-screen keypad, they can use the physical QWERTY keypad to send out the messages. Made with the combination of these two things, the Samsung Gravity Smart allows you to chat with your friends much faster. Being an Android smartphone, you can root it to get more keyboard apps from the Play Store which run on rooted phones only. The following guide shows you how you can root your Samsung Gravity smart.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, if you want your warranty back in the future, you can unroot the device.
2. Make sure your device has at least 50% of battery life left.
2. SuperOneClick (It’s attached there in the first post)
1. Download and place both the files on your Desktop.
2. Install the Samsung Drivers you just downloaded on your PC.
3. Extract files from the SuperOneClick archive to your Desktop. You can use tools like WinRAR to do so.
4. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
5. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. From the files you extracted in earlier step, double-click the SuperOneClick executable file.
7. Click on the Root button in the SuperOneClick Tool and it should start rooting your device.
8. As soon as the rooting is done, you’ll get a message on your screen saying rooting was successful.
Great! Your device should now be rooted and you can head to the Google Play to install your favorite apps!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.