LG Optimus 2X was the first smartphone carrying a Dual-core processor and it was launched in the year 2010. The phone runs on the Android 2.3 version, this version is now considered to be obsoleted as we’re now living in the world which is ruled by ICS and JB. If you’ve rooted your smartphone to get those root-only apps running on your device, but you don’t want to keep your device rooted any longer as your kid could erase the system files, here’s how you can unroot it. The following guide shows how you can unroot the LG Optimus 2X smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. The following procedure won’t work if you’ve rooted your device using any other method.
2. This is the easiest method available to unroot your device.
1. SuperOneClick (Download the latest version from the first post)
1. Download and put the SuperOneClick Tool on your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the SuperOneClick archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable USB debugging on your device. To do so, head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and tick-mark the box.
4. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Launch the SuperOneClick Tool by double-clicking on its executable file.
6. In the SuperOneClick Tool, choose psneuter from the Exploit dropdown menu.
7. Next, click the Unroot button and your device will soon be unrooted.
8. You’re now unrooted !
Using the Single-Click method, you’ve successfully unrooted your LG Optimus 2X smartphone. The Superuser app has been removed from your device and it means your device is no longer rooted.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!