If you’re looking for a high-end Android smartphone and that too from Motorola, the Motorola Atrix 2 could be perfect for you. Featuring a 1GHz processor and 1GB of RAM, you’ll never run out of resources while playing those high-graphics games. If you already own this smartphone but can’t get the root-only apps to work on it, here’s how you can make them work. The following procedure shows you how you can root your Motorola Atrix 2 to get the root-only apps working on it. Here you go:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. You should be able to reclaim the warranty by unrooting the device.
2. Your PC must be running on any Windows OS.
3. Your device must be running on the Android 2.3.6. The following procedure doesn’t work on other versions.
4. You should have Drivers for your device installed on your PC.
1. Root Package (It’s attached in the first, under 2.3.6 subheading)
1. Place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Root Package archive to your Desktop. Do NOT touch any files just yet.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Turn ON the Unknown sources option as well from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Unknown sources.
5. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Make sure to choose Charge only mode as the Connection type.
7. Now, go to the Desktop of your PC and double-click on the file named Click-To-Root.bat.
8. It should initiate the rooting process and when it’s done, you’ll be notified.
9. And you’re rooted now!
Congrats! It was so easy to root the Atrix 2 smartphone using the Single Click Method described above. It just took a few clicks to get the job done and you must be happy with your rooted phone now!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Motorola Atrix 2 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.