If you are rooted, the next step is to install a ClockworkMod Recovery to get flashing custom ROMs of your choice. For the Samsung Galaxy SL though, if you are not rooted, no problem, as you can root from within ClockworkMod Recovery once you get it on to your device. Read on to know how.
1. This procedure should work with the Galaxy SL running any firmware.
2. Back up any data you need before you begin with the procedure.
1. bagaria-09.GT-I9003_PDA.tar [File attached to this post]
1. Power down your device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons until your device enters Download Mode.
3. Extract the Odin 1.85.rar file you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
4. From the extracted folder, double-click on Odin3 v1.85.exe to run the tool.
5. Click on PDA button, locate bagaria-09.GT-I9003_PDA.tar and click on OK to load it on Odin.
6. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable. Odin should now recognize your device and light up the ID:COM field yellow to signify this. If not, reinstall the proper drivers and try again.
7. Make sure that the Re-Partition and Flash Lock are unchecked; this is important as you might brick your device if these options are ticked!
8. Click on Start.
Once Odin says PASS and your device reboots, you should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy SL i9003!
If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.