Unrooting the Motorola Backflip is as simple as abc if you rooted it using the SuperOneClick rooting method. There’re some other methods available to root the device, however, the SuperOneClick method is the easiest and fastest way to root the device. If you rooted it using this root method and want to unroot it, here’s a guide for you. It shows how you can unroot your Motorola Backflip smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root the device, the following procedure won’t work for you.
2. Make sure your device is charged to have at least 60% of battery life left.
3. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. SuperOneClick (Download the latest version from first post)
1. Place the SuperOneClick archive on your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop and you should have an executable file along with some other files.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Right-click on the SuperOneClick executable file and choose Run as administrator.
6. Click on Unroot button in the tool.
7. It will start the unrooting process and in no more than a few seconds, your device will be unrooted.
8. You’re all done!
Awesome! Your Motorola Backflip has successfully been unrooted using the SuperOneClick Method. It has removed all those SU binaries and Superuser app, leaving no sign of root!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!