How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 (YP-G70)
Installing custom recovery endows your device with features like flashing a custom ROM, making backups, clearing/wiping cache, etc., features that are not usually available on stock ROMs. Of these custom recoveries, ClockworkMod Recovery (developed by Koushik Dutta) is the most popular and we’ll show you in the guide below how to get that recovery on to your Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0.
I. Before You Begin
1. You need to be rooted before you can flash custom recovery on your device. If you aren’t already, use our guide to do this.
2. Make sure that you have at least 75% of your device charged before you begin.
3. Back up anything you feel is needed just in case.
II. Necessary Downloads
2. YP-G70-Kernel-r14.tar [Link available in the Download section of this post, Odin version]
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Galaxy Player 5.0
1. Power down your device.
2. Extract the Odin 1.85.rar file you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
5. From the extracted folder, double-click on Odin3 v1.85.exe to run the tool.
6. Click on PDA button, locate YP-G70-Kernel-r14.tar and click on OK to load it on Odin.
7. Connect the PC end of your USB cable to your PC. Now, hold the Volume Down button on your device and connect the other end of the USB cable to your device. Your device will enter Download Mode and Odin should now recognize your device and light up the ID:COM field yellow to signify this. If not, reinstall the proper drivers and try again.
8. Make sure that the Re-Partition and Flash Lock are unchecked; this is important as you might brick your device if these options are ticked!
9. Click on Start.
Once the device reboots, you should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your Galaxy Player 5.0.
IV. Flashing Custom ROMs (Optional)
If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.