If you look for the QWERTY keypad smartphones in the market, the majority of smartphones you will find will be from Nokia. However, the Android manufacturers have come a step ahead to fulfill the needs of those who often send text messages using QWERTY keypad. LG Enlighten, is an Android device that lets you type faster to quickly send messages and since it runs on Android, you have plethora of apps to try out on the device. If you root the device, you will have access to more apps and custom ROMs and in the following guide, we’re gonna show you how exactly you can root your LG Enlighten.
1. The warranty of your device will be voided once you root it.
2. You must have drivers for your device installed on your PC.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post, in fifth step)
1. Place the Root Package and Fastboot archives on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, check-mark the box.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Select Internet Connection as the connection type. This can be done by opening up the Notification bar and choosing the said option.
6. Double-click on run.bat file you extracted from the archive.
7. It should begin rooting your device and won’t take more than a few seconds to finish.
8. And you’re done!
Great! Your LG Enlighten has successfully been rooted using the One Click Method. The SU binaries as well as Superuser app have been injected into your system!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG Enlighten to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.