The Samsung Galaxy Fit was a pretty fit device when it was released back in March 2011 but times have changed and there are faster, better performing devices than this at the current time. Yet, there might be some people who have hung on to this device and need some guides on rooting it, installing custom ROMs, etc. This guide is for them and will help them root and unroot their Samsung Galaxy Fit without much hassle.
1. This procedure is designed to work with the Samsung Galaxy Fit running Android 2.2. If you are running Gingerbread, look to our other post to help you.
2. Back up anything you feel is important before you begin.
3. Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed before you begin. If not, installing Samsung Kies will usually put all the necessary drivers in place.
SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip [Download link available here]
1. Extract SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip to a folder on your desktop.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and tick the USB Debugging checkbox to do this.
3. Enable installation of apps from unknown sources. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications and tick the Unknown sources checkbox.
3. Connect your device to your PC. Windows 7 should install any drivers needed at this point.
4. From the folder you extracted above, run SuperOneClick.exe.
5. Click on Root.
You should now be holding a rooted Galaxy Fit in your hands!
1. Follow the same steps as in Section III until Step 4.
2. Click on Unroot.
If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the next procedure to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.