How to Unroot the Motorola Droid X2
To reclaim the warranty of your rooted device, you need to unroot it. This should put your phone back into the warranty period that translates into free check-up of your device at any service center without any unexpected questions. If you do own a Motorola Droid X2, then here we have put together all the things to unroot your device. All you need to do is just follow the steps carefully and you’ll have unrooted your device.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device is fully charged before you start with this procedure.
3. You must have drivers for your device installed on your PC.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. RSD Lite (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. SBF File (Download the latest once from first post)
III. Unrooting the Motorola Droid X2:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the RSD Lite setup file to install the program.
4. Go through the installation steps and finish the installation.
5. Turn OFF your smartphone.
6. While your device is turned OFF, press and hold the Volume UP+Power buttons together. This should boot your device into the mode that RSD Lite can recognize it.
7. Connect your smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
8. Right-click on the RSD Lite program shortcut you have on your Desktop and choose Run as administrator.
9. In the program, click on the “…” and then browse to your Desktop and select the SBF File.
10. Click on the Start button to begin the flashing process.
11. And within a few minutes, you should be back to stock!
Awesome! Your device is now unrooted and is back to stock. All the customization you did with your device are lost, it’s returned to its original state.
Image Credit: BGR
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.