If for any reason, you’ll need to unroot your Galaxy Ace, the guide below will help you do it. This is a necessity if you plan on getting your device into a service center for repairs and will help you avoid voiding your warranty.
1. This guide will only work if you have followed our procedure on rooting the Galaxy Ace Do not try this if you have used any other method of rooting.
2. Back up everything you feel is important.
3. Make sure you have your device charged to 75% or more before you begin.
1. Connect your device to your PC in USB Mass Storage Mode and copy the universal_gb_unroot_v9.zip to your SD card.
2. Disconnect your device and power it down.
3. Press and hold the Home button + Power button until your device boots into recovery mode.
4. Use the Volume Up and Down keys to navigate and highlight apply update from sdcard and press the home button to select it.
5. Locate and select universal_gb_unroot_v9.zip to begin flashing the file.
6. Select reboot system now once you see the install from sdcard complete message,
Your Galaxy Ace should be unrooted at the end of the procedure and if you still find the Superuser app in your app drawer, uninstall it like you would with any other app.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.