How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Motorola Triumph
If you’re feeling unfortunate because your friends are using custom ROMs on their devices and you don’t have access to those ROMs, well, you don’t have to any longer. The ClockworkMod Recovery is available for the Motorola Triumph, that means the custom ROMs are at your fingertips. In the following guide, we’re gonna show you how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Motorola Triumph smartphone. Believe me, it’s so easy!
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our how to root the Motorola Triumph procedure and root your device.
2. Make sure your device has enough battery to last till the end of the procedure.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given at the bottom in first post)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Motorola Triumph:
1. Download and place the Recovery Image archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract the actual Recovery Image from the archive to your Desktop. It should be named as recovery.img.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Reboot your device into the Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
5. Wait for your device to boot into Download mode.
6. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
7. A drive should be mounted on your PC labeled as MOBILE.
8. There’ll be a file named recovery.img inside the image folder on the MOBILE drive. Rename that file to recovery.img.old.
9. Now, copy the CWM Recovery Image you downloaded earlier over to the image folder on your MOBILE drive.
10. Disconnect your device from the PC after the file has been copied.
11. Remove the battery from your device.
12. Wait for about 10 seconds and put the battery back into your device.
13. Now, press and hold the Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
14. You should see some errors, just ignore them as they don’t affect anything.
15. You should be in ClockworkMod Recovery Mode now!
16. You’re done!
Great! You’ve successfully replaced the stock Recovery with a custom recovery called CWM. As you now have a custom recovery as well as you know how to boot into it, let’s give custom ROMs a try!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Motorola Triumph to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.