How to Root the Motorola Triumph
If you feel that Motorola has loaded bloatware, in simple words, unwanted applications, on your Triumph smartphone and they’ve consumed most of your phone’s memory space that can otherwise be used to install your favorite apps, well, we’ve the solution of your issue. First you need to gain root access on your device and then, you just have to find a bloatware remover script for your device. To root your Motorola Triumph smartphone, you can follow our guide given below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This should void the warranty of your device.
2. Charge your device to have at least 50% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. GingerBreak APK (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Rooting the Motorola Triumph:
1. Download the GingerBreak APK file to the Desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the GingerBreak APK file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Unplug the device from your PC after the file has been copied.
5. Head to Menu>>Settings>>Security on your device and enable the Unknown sources option.
6. Enable the USB debugging by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
7. Open the File Manager on your device and tap on the APK file you copied earlier and install it.
8. When it’s installed, launch it from Menu.
9. When you open it for the first time, you’ll see a prompt, hit OK.
9. Tap on the Root button and it should root your device.
10. Look for the Superuser app on your Menu, if it’s there, you’re rooted. Otherwise, head to Google Play and manually download the Superuser app.
11. Install the BusyBox app on your device.
12. And you’re completely rooted!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Motorola Triumph to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.