There’s only one method to root the Motorola Milestone 2, which is z4Root. This app has been like a gift to those who aren’t much into techie things but love rooting their devices. z4Root provides the easiest way to root your device and while at the same time, it also lets you unroot your device. In the guide below, we’re going to show you how you can unroot your Motorola Milestone 2 smartphone.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. This should reinstate the warranty that you lost after rooting your device.
1. z4Root (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download and place the z4Root APK on your Desktop. Do NOT launch it.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the z4Root APK over to the root of your SD card. Do NOT copy it in any deep folder, just leave it on the top.
4. Disconnect the device from your PC after the file has been copied.
5. On your device, head to Menu>>Settings>>Security and enable the Unknown sources option.
6. Open the File Manager on your device and tap on the z4Root APK file to install it.
7. Go through the installation steps and finish it.
8. Launch the z4Root app from your App Drawer.
9. Tap on the Unroot button given inside the app.
10. Let it finish unrooting your device.
11. You’re unrooted now!
Congrats! You’ve successfully reinstated the warranty of your device by unrooting it. The root-only apps will no longer work on your device as the Superuser app’s gone from your device!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.