How to Unroot the Motorola Photon 4G
If you’re sending your phone back to Sprint, you need to unroot it first. It will reinstate the warranty, hence you won’t face any kind of problems at the service center. The process is quite simple, you just need to flash the stock ROM and your phone would become as original and pure as it was when you unboxed it. Let’s see how you can unroot your Motorola Photon 4G.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device is fully charged or has at least 70% of battery life left. If the battery level is less than this, you may face issues during the process.
3. You should have drivers for your device installed on your PC. If you don’t, install the drivers given in the RSD Lite archive.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. RSD Lite (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. SBF File (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Unrooting the Motorola Photon 4G:
1. Download and place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Install the RSD Lite program you extracted to your Desktop.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Press and hold the Volume UP+Power buttons together and your device should reboot into the RSD mode.
6. Launch the RSD Lite program on your PC.
7. Click on “…” in the tool and select the SBF file you extracted earlier.
8. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable that came with it.
9. Hit the Start button and it should commence flashing stock ROM.
10. When it’s done, your device should reboot.
11. And you’re unrooted now!
Awesome! Your phone’s now back to the stock ROM that doesn’t contain any modifications that you would normally see in custom ROMs and regardless to say, it’s unrooted!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.