How to Unroot the Motorola Triumph
Whether you’re looking for a way to reclaim the warranty of your device or aren’t interested to keep your device rooted any longer, we have the simple guide below that teaches how you can unroot your device. The GingerBreak exploit works great to root the device and unrooting can be done using the same method and here’s a step-by-step guide that explains how you can unroot your Motorola Triumph device.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root the device, we don’t guarantee that the following procedure will work for you.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery level.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. GingerBreak APK (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Unrooting the Motorola Triumph:
1. Place the GingerBreak APK file onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Transfer the GingerBreak APK to the root of your SD card.
4. Disconnect the device from your PC after the file has been transferred.
5. Enable the Unknown sources option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Security>>Unknown sources.
6. Enable the USB debugging option from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
7. Open the File Manager on your device and install the APK file you copied earlier.
8. Launch the app from your Menu after it has been installed.
9. Tap on Unroot button in the app and let it unroot the device.
10. When it has unrooted your device, reboot the device.
11. You should be unrooted now!
Congrats! The warranty of your device is back now as you’ve successfully unrooted your device.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.