As soon as the Motorola XT701 came out in the market, the developers began trying various root methods to root the device and the SuperOneClick method was one those methods that could successfully root the device. If you rooted your XT701 using the SuperOneClick, the following guide will teach you how you can unroot your XT701 using the same tool. You’re going to reinstate the warranty of your device by unrooting it, let’s get the ball rolling.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other root method, the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. Keep at least 60% of battery life on your device.
1. SuperOneClick (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download the SuperOneClick archive to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. On your device, enable the USB debugging option by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Now, connect your device to your PC via USB cable that came with it.
5. Right-click on the SuperOneClick executable file you have on your Desktop and choose Run as administrator.
6. From inside the tool, click on Unroot button as shown below:
7. And within a minute or two, you should be unrooted!
8. You’re all done!
Awesome! The device is now unrooted and is no longer able to run root-only apps.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!