It’s not a good idea to keep your device rooted when you’re going to visit the service center, you should unroot your device first and only then go ahead. The unrooting procedures usually use the same method or exploit that was used to root the device. As we used the zergRush exploit to root the Sony Xperia Pro MK16i device, we’ll use the same to unroot the device and following is the guide to do so. Go ahead and follow the steps given below:
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Unroot Script (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Place the Unroot Script archive on your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Enable Unknown sources from Menu>>Settings>>Security>>Unknown sources.
5. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Double-click on RUNME-UNROOT.bat file you have on your Desktop.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. You’re unrooted now!
Congrats! You’ve been successful in reclaiming the warranty of your device, your device’s now unrooted!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!