Want to install the stock ROM on your Asus Transformer TF101 but don’t know where to start? No problem, we’ll show you how to do it. The stock ROM contains all the stock apps, configuration and everything that has been setup by the manufacturer and once you flash it on your device, all your custom modifications will be gone. So, let’s see how you can install stock ROM on your Asus Transformer TF101.
1. If your device’s rooted, this should unroot it and reinstate the warranty.
2. Charge your device to have at least 70% of battery life left.
3. You must have APX drivers installed, head here for more info.
1. Stock ROM (Download the latest version of the firmware)
2. EasyFlasher (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place both the files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the EasyFlasher archive to your Desktop. Do NOT extract the Stock ROM archive, keep it as is.
3. Double-click on the EasyFlasher executable file to launch it.
4. Move the Stock ROM ZIP to the asusupdate folder located inside the EasyFlasher folder.
5. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
6. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
7. Click on Flash Asus stock zip button in the EasyFlasher tool.
8. Let it flash the firmware on your device, it should take some good time.
9. When it’s done, reboot your device.
10. And you’re all done!
Great! Your device’s now back to the stock ROM containing all the default apps you’d like to try out!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.