Being a Nokia smartphone doesn’t mean that the Nokia N9 can’t run Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Thanks to the hard work of the developers, we now have a working port of Android ICS for the Nokia N9, that just works smoothly as supposed. If you’ve this Nokia device and are interested in trying out Android ICS, then follow our guide below. It contains all the steps you should follow as well as required files’ links. Here you go:
1. Please backup any important data you’ve stored on your device, it’s to be in safe-side.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You must have PR 1.3 software version on your smartphone.
1. NITDROID ROOTFS (Scroll half-way down and you should see the link)
1. Place the file you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Remove the NITDroid if you have installed it. To remove it, open Terminal on your N9 and type in following commands. The password is rootme.
rm -rf /home/nitdroid
3. Connect your Nokia N9 to your PC using the cable that came with it.
4. Copy the file you downloaded earlier over to the MyDocs folder on your device.
5. You may disconnect the device from your PC after the file has been copied.
6. Open Terminal on your N9 and type in following commands. Press ENTER after each line you type. If it asks for the password, type in rootme.
tar xjvf /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid_n9_jellybean_alpha5.tar.bz2 -C /home/nitdroid/
7. Once you’re done with the commands, turn OFF your device.
8. Turn ON your device and you should see a prompt saying Press VolUp to boot alternative OS. Hit the Volume UP button.
9. The Android ICS should boot on your device!
10. You’re all set!
Awesome! With a great OS like Android on your Nokia N9, you now have tens of thousands of apps to try out on it!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!