The Samsung Galaxy S Captivate I896 is a smartphone that provides 16GB of memory to store valuable moments of your life that can be kept secure for the years to come. If you just got this device or looking to get it, you must be concerned whether the root method is available for this device or not. Fortunately, we’ve a root method that just works superfine on this device and the following guide shows how you can root your Samsung Galaxy S Captivate I896 smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of your device, keep this in mind and go ahead.
2. Your device needs to have at least 60% of battery life left, otherwise, you’ll be stuck in the middle of the process.
1. SuperOneClick (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download the SuperOneClick archive to the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop. To do so, you can use free tools like WinRAR, it works really great.
3. On your device, head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and tick-mark the box.
4. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Launch the SuperOneClick on your PC by double-clicking on the executable file you extracted to your Desktop.
6. Hit the Root button given inside the tool and let it do the process.
7. When the rooting’s done, reboot your device.
8. And you’re good to go!
Congrats! Your wait ends here and you now have a rooted device right in your hands, waiting to be loaded with root-only apps!
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.