If just root access on your LG Thrive isn’t able to provide customization options you really want, a custom recovery is all you need. With that installed on your device, you won’t just be able to do “recovery” tasks, but you’ll have access to plenty of custom ROMs exclusively cooked up for the device. The following guide shows how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your LG Thrive and let you enjoy aforementioned features. Here you go:
1. You must have done our How to Root the LG Thrive procedure first.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place both the archives you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop. You should get fastboot.exe and recovery.img along with some other files.
3. Turn OFF your smartphone.
4. Reboot it into the Fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold the Home+Power buttons together.
5. Once inside the Fastboot mode, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
7. Type in following commands into the Command Prompt Window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8. Once it’s flashed the recovery, issue following command:
9. Your device should reboot.
10. You’re all done!
Great! The CWM Recovery has successfully been installed on your device, letting you enjoy a whole new world of custom ROMs as well as tweaks!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Thrive to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.