Don’t want to keep your LG myTouch E739 rooted any longer? Want to reclaim the warranty so you can take it to the service center? No problem, we’ve the solution for you. As soon as you unroot your device, it will come back to its original state and not to mention that root-only apps won’t work any longer. Follow our guide below to unroot your LG myTouch E739 device.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other root method, this procedure may or may not work for you.
2. You must have ADB installed on your PC. You can check out our guide on how to install ADB.
3. Charge your device to have at least 50% of battery life left.
1. SuperOneClick (Download the latest version from the first post)
1. Download and place the SuperOneClick archive on your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Now, on your PC, go to the folder where you’ve installed ADB. Press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, select Open command window here.
6. Enter following commands into the Command Prompt Window:
echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
7. Launch the SuperOneClick tool by double-clicking on its executable file available on your Desktop.
8. Hit Unroot button in the tool and it should start the process.
9. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
10. And you’re unrooted now!
Great! Your LG myTouch E739 has successfully been unrooted using the SuperOneClick tool. I bet the procedure didn’t take more than five minutes to finish!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.