It’s always a good idea to unroot your device if you’re going to the service center or just want to go back to the original state. Unrooting the device will put it back into the warranty period, letting you take advantage of all the free goodies or services the manufacturer has to offer you. To unroot your LG Thrive smartphone, all you have to do is just follow the guide below.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you’ve used any other method to root the device, the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. Keep battery level at least 50% on your device.
1. GingerBreak (Download latest version from the first post)
1. Place the GingerBreak APK file on your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the APK file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Disconnect the device from your PC once the file’s copied.
5. Enable the Unknown sources option on your device. To do so,
a) Open the Dialler on your device which you normally use to call people.
b) Dial the following number:
c) A list of options will appear, checkmark the box given next to Unknown Sources Test.
6. Turn ON the USB debugging option as well by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, tick-mark the box.
7. Open the File Manager on your device and tap on the APK file you copied earlier to install it.
8. After it’s installed on your device, launch it from Menu.
9. In the app, tap on UnRoot button.
10. It should take some time to unroot your device.
11. You should be unrooted now!
Congrats! Your device’s now unrooted. The root-only apps will no longer work on your device, better you uninstall them all to free up space!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.