How to Unroot the HTC ChaCha
While rooting your device gives you many advantages, like enabling the installation of root-only apps and custom ROMs, unrooting helps you restore the warranty of your device. In the case when your device doesn’t work as it’s supposed to, you may unroot it and take it to the service center for any repairing. To unroot your HTC ChaCha smartphone, you may follow the following guide.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the method given here. If you used any other method to root the device, we don’t guarantee that the following procedure will work for you.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only. Sorry Mac and Linux!
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Unroot Package (Scroll-down until you reach the 145th post, Download link’s given there)
III. Unrooting the HTC ChaCha:
1. Place the Unroot Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop. There’ll be some batch files on your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. The Unknown sources option should also be enabled. Just head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Unknown sources and tick-mark the box.
5. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. From the files you extracted to your Desktop, double-click on RUNME-UNROOT.bat file.
7. Follow the instructions you see on the screen.
8. When it’s done unrooting the device, reboot the device.
9. You should be unrooted now!
Awesome! The root access’s gone from your device, making it impossible for you to touch the system files!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.