How to Unroot the Samsung Dart T499
If you want to turn in your device for warranty, you can unroot it. As the rooting process voids the warranty, the unrooting process restores warranty so you can take your Samsung Dart T499 once again to any T-Mobile service center. To help you unroot your device, there’s a nice tool called SuperOneClick. If you remember, we used the same tool to root the device and in the following guide, we’re gonna use same thing to remove root access.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root the device, the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. Keep at least 60% of battery level on your device before starting with the procedure.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. SuperOneClick (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Unrooting the Samsung Dart T499:
1. Download and put the SuperOneClick ZIP on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the SuperOneClick executable file you placed on your Desktop.
6. Hit the Unroot button and wait until it finishes.
7. Once done, reboot the device.
8. And you’re unrooted now!
Wonderful! The warranty of your device has successfully been restored and you won’t find Superuser app any longer on your device!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.