Whether you’re looking to install root-only apps or want to modify system files, you can root the device to do the said things. There is a single-click root method available for the HTC Hero S, that means gaining root access on the device is easy as pie. To help you root your HTC Hero S, we have created a guide that’s available just below. Follow it and get root access on your HTC Hero S.
1. Your device must be S-OFF.
2. This will void the warranty of your device. Don’t worry, you should be able to restore it by unrooting the device.
3. Remove the HTC Sync tool if it’s installed on your PC and install the working drivers using the links given below.
4. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the Root Package on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the package to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debuggnig option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the OneClickRoot.bat file you have on your Desktop.
6. Let it do the rooting process.
7. Once done, the device should reboot automatically.
8. You’re all set!
Congrats! Your device’s successfully been rooted using the single-click method. You may find the Superuser app in your App Drawer for managing root permissions.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the HTC Hero S to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!